Plumbing is any system that conveys fluids. Plumbing uses pipes, valves, plumbing fixtures, tanks, and other apparatuses to convey fluids. Heating and cooling, waste removal, and potable water delivery are among the most common uses for plumbing. It is important to install quality plumbing fittings in order to have an uninterrupted water supply and properly functioning drainage system.
Many people give more attention to internal plumbing fixtures while they ignore the basic plumbing fittings and pipelines that run underneath and alongside their house. They do not entirely realize the importance of having a safe and strong plumbing system. If the plumbing fittings are not working properly, it can lead to leakages. And if such leakages remain undetected, it can lead to wet walls and cracks in the concrete due to water seepage. The situation can weaken the foundation of your walls. Therefore, it is imperative to maintain a well-functioning plumbing system.
Plumbing works need regular checkup and maintenance. Plumbing fittings are nothing but the objects used for connecting two or more pipes. There are different types of fittings available in the market and you should choose only those that are recommended for your plumbing fixtures and pipeline patterns.
The major categories of plumbing systems
- Potable cold and hot tap water supply
- Plumbing drainage venting
- Sewage systems and septic systems with or without hot water heat recycling and gray water recovery and treatment systems
- Rainwater, surface, and subsurface water drainage
- Fuel gas piping
- Hydronics- heating and cooling systems utilizing water to transport thermal energy.
Why is plumbing so important?
Plumbing harnesses a precious resource water to use safely for health, hygiene and well-being. Plumbing makes possible the miracle of clean, convenient water. Modern plumbing products help regions affected by droughts and water shortages to use water more efficiently. Water efficiency contributes greatly to energy savings. Less water used means less water heated and less water transported.
Plumbing brings comfort and beauty into homes and lives. Kitchens and bathrooms not only serve functional purposes; they provide the refuge of comforting meals, soothing baths and restorative relaxation. The ability of plumbing and sanitation systems to deliver clean water and remove waste has protected populations from communicable disease throughout history. There is acknowledgement from many within the public health community that clean, drinkable water has likely protected more lives and extended life expectancy more than any medical advancement.
N.S.A. Kaiksow provides wide range of services. For more details, do visit our website at www.nsa-kaiksow.com
Building material is any material which is used for construction purposes. Many naturally occurring substances, such as clay, rocks, sand, and wood, even twigs and leaves, have been used to construct buildings. Apart from naturally occurring materials, many man-made products are also in use.
The use of these materials is typically segmented into specific specialty trades, such as carpentry, insulation, plumbing, and roofing work. They provide the structure of homes.
What are the commonly used building materials?
Some of the most widely used materials for constructing homes and commercial buildings include:
- Clay: One of the most widely used building materials includes clay as well as mud. Both these materials are used to build homes. It is considered the most suitable constructing material in warm places as it keeps the interiors cool. It also has the advantage of being long lasting.
- Glass: Another notable material used for constructing offices and huge mansions. Glass buildings are quiet common these days with a variety of glass available in the markets today. The diverse variety includes frosted glass, colored glass and stained glass.
- Rock: Rock has been considered as the oldest building materials used for constructing homes. It is the strongest and most durable material used for construction.
- Metals: Most of the structures are built in metals like iron and steel to ensure strength and durability. Metal structures are strong, expensive and last for a long period of time.
- Concrete: Concrete structures are also durable and strong. Made of gravel, sand, water and cement, concrete is used build homes and offices.
- Wood: There are many kinds of wood used as building materials. However, it is important to use good quality wood to ensure better durability. Low quality wood is susceptible to different kinds of extremities like termites, cracks and splinters.
- Marbles and Granite: Other materials include marble, granite and ceramic tiles. Granite counter-tops are most preferred by people due to its beauty and versatility. Marbles are used for constructing houses as it is known for its unique features.
Importance of building materials
Using quality building materials whether or not they are green certified or energy efficient is essential for your long term investment and safety. There are many green products on the market today that are both beautiful and functional. Many green products that are environmentally friendly are also energy efficient in your home making your initial investment pay off in the long term. NSA Kaiksow provides wide range of services. For more details, do visit our website at www.nsa-kaiksow.com
Like all mechanical equipment, a submersible pump too brings with it a slew of maintenance problems as it ages. There comes a point where it becomes easier and more economical to replace the submersible pump as opposed to getting it fixed. Submersible pumps are quite similar in construction and require little technical knowledge when installing. Here are a few steps you can follow in order to replace a submersible pump.
- Turn off the brake pump and makes sure that there is no water flowing through the system. Wait for five minutes after you have shut off the pump and check if any residue water is leaking into the system.
- Once you are sure that the pump is sufficiently shut off, remove the well head cap that is held together with bolts. This will allow you to remove the pump set up with ease. It might require some mechanical finesses in order to remove the pump set up from its housing, but you can do it with a little effort.
- Once you have removed the pump set, it is then time to replace it with the same or a similar model pump. If you are unsure of the pump model that will work as a suitable replacement, you can contact your plumber for help.
- Before installing your new pump, make sure that the plumbing is sturdy enough to accommodate the new pump. Pipes that carry water tend to lose their structural integrity with use over time. Hence it is recommended that you replace the pipes along with the pump.
If you are unsure if your pump is properly fitted, it doesn’t’ hurt to take a second opinion form a plumber. This will ensure that your pump is free of any leaks, which can hamper its operational efficiency. At NSA Kaiksow, we deal in some of the best quality submersible pumps in Bahrain. For more information about our products, do visit our website at http://www.nsa-kaiksow.com/
Access to hot water is a comfort that has gone from being a luxury to a basic need. It doesn’t matter if the weather outside is freezing cold or scorching hot, you will always have hot water running through your pipes, thanks to domestic water heaters. However, water heaters are known for being notoriously power hungry. Older heaters consume up to twice as much as modern water heaters! The advancement in water heater technology has seen a significant shift in people’s attitude towards water heaters. One such technical marvel in the field of water heaters is the advent of tankless water heaters. Here are a few reasons why you need to invest in a god tankless water heater.
Although tankless water heaters have high initial costs, they more than make up for it by being energy efficient. They do not consume as much energy as a water heater with a tank, as it does not waste time and energy in heating up water before hand. Instead, the water is heated up as and when you want it. When you turn on the knob, cold water from the tank flows through the pipes, before encountering the heating element, which heats the water in small batches, thus giving you access to hot water without having to wait. This reduces the amount of electricity consumed in heating the water greatly.
Space constraints do not matter
One of the biggest peeves of installing a tank water heater is having to install a water tank to collect and store hot water. This can be cumbersome in a small bathroom. Besides, these water tanks have a tendency to disintegrate over time, leading to heat loss, leaks and other problems. With tankless water heaters such problems are minimized to a great extent, since you don’t have to deal with a water tank.
At NSA Kaisow, we deal in some of the best water heaters in Bahrain. For more information about our full range of products and services, do visit our website at http://www.nsa-kaiksow.com/
Each home is different and so are the hot water requirements. Hence, it is important to choose the right sized water heaters that suit your needs perfectly. Make sure that the type of water heater you buy satisfies the water heating needs of all your bathrooms. You should take care to note how many heaters would effectively satisfy your water heating needs.
Choosing water heaters that are smaller than what you require will result in insufficient heating solutions. However, choosing water heaters that are much bigger than what you need will result in an increased electricity bills.
Having hot water in the tanks is one thing; however, one should also look into how efficiently the unit can cope with continuous water requirements. Tank water heaters can easily cope with such needs, but tankless water heaters are incapable of handling these continuous hot water needs.
However, if you are looking to install tankless water heaters, you can link two or more units to ensure that all your water heating needs is met. Linking multiple units might sound expensive, but it is quite effective when you need hot water for washing, bathing and other domestic needs.
If you want to opt for tank water heaters, then you need to choose newer models that are considerably more energy efficient. Although the can be quite a bit more expensive compared to older models, these work out well in the long run in operational and lowered maintenance costs.
At NSA Kaiksow, we deal in some of the best domestic water heaters in Bahrain. For more information about our services and products, do visit our website at http://www.nsa-kaiksow.com/
Keeping your air conditioner units well maintained will not only ensure that your homes will always have a supply of fresh, well-conditioned air, but will keep your air conditioner working at optimal levels, thus reducing your electricity bill as well. A thorough check of your entire air conditioner/ HVAC system isn’t as complex as most people make it out to be. You can do basic checks on the systems and recognizing disparities will allow you to call professional maintenance to correct the faults as early as possible.
- Turn off your AC unit. This will ensure that the unit is idle, and no electricity is passing through the system. You might have to turn off the power at the breaker box to prevent any unsavory incidents.
- Remove debris from the fan cage, condenser/ compressor with a vacuum cleaner or manually.
- Clean the fins with a strong blast dry, or with a duster. This will remove any dirt and grime stuck to the fins. Most manufacturers offer clear steps on the dos and don’ts of this step in their user manuals.
- With the build-up of grime within the fins can render these tiny crevices disfigured. However, they are made of metal, and can be bent back into their original shape with little effort.
- Clean the surrounding area of the air conditioner, and check the evaporator drain for any plugs.
Now your AC is relatively clean, and is ready to be used again. At NSA Kaiksow, we deal in a variety of high quality domestic air conditioners in Bahrain. For more information about our services, do visit our website at www.nsa-kaiksow.com
Hiring a plumbing contractor is one of the most important decisions one has to make when constructing or renovating a building. Having good plumbing your buildings will ensure an efficient transfer of water throughout the space and with the right bathroom fixtures, you can also make your bathrooms look regal as well. Here are a few tips to help you choose the right plumbing contractor-
- Make sure that the contractor your choose has all the necessary licences. Only legitimate contracting businesses will sport these licences. This will ensure reliability and will assure quality work.
- The longer a contracting company is in business, the easier it is to trust them. This means that the company has serviced many clients and has made profits on the same. Besides, the time the business has been in business ads to the experience of the employees as well.
- The pricing is another important factor you need to consider when hiring a plumbing contractor. Do make sure to consult other contractors in the area to find out about the average pricing. This allows you to negotiate your prices with the contractor.
- Make sure that the contractors offer a credible warranty. Many plumbing contractors assure a viable warranty that guaranteed their work.
- Another important aspect of a good plumbing contractor is getting good references. Make sure to contact their previous clients to find good references about the contractor.
At NSA Kaiksow, our professional plumbing contractors ensure that you get the best possible services. For more information about our services, do visit our website at http://www.nsa-kaiksow.com/
Water heaters are often neglected until they go bust and require repairs and maintenance works. What most people fail to understand is that these little repairs can be easily avoided through regular maintenance works. A properly fixed/ installed water heater can run for years without requiring any repairs. In order to get the job done right, you need to hire a professional. Here are a few reasons why you need to hire a water heater expert-
- The primary benefit of hiring experts is speedy services form professionals. Attempting to fix a faulty water heater on your own can be quite a challenge since you might not have the proper expertise or the right tools to undertake the job. Half done jobs can lead to serious consequences and more damage than good. A trained professional however, is well versed in tracking down and repairing these problems with relative ease.
- Regular maintenance checks from professionals will allow you to keep track of any deteriorating components and replacing them before they go bust completely. Regular maintenance also lowers the risk of failure and will allow you to prepare for any repairs and replacement you might need in the future.
- Professionals will also ensure that the work is undertaken in a safe and secure manner. This will reduce redundancies and will ensure that your water heater is in good working condition without risk of faults in the near future.
At NSA Kaiksow we deal in some of the best quality water heaters in Bahrain. For more information about our services and products, do visit our website at http://www.nsa-kaiksow.com/
Changing your air filters at regular intervals can help keep your air conditioners running at optimal levels. This will also allow your AC unit to function at optimal levels, thus reducing the electricity consumption while ensuring optimal cooling effect. A dirty filter can clog the system and will hinder air flow, thus slowing down performance.
There are a number of factors you need to take into consideration when replacing your existing filter. One such parameter is choosing the right filter that suits your system. Replacing the same model air filter is recommended. However, if you are unable to find the exact same one, you can substitute it with a different brand/ model that fits your air conditioner.
Make sure to upgrade the MERV of your new filter, especially if you are replacing it with a new model. MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value, which determines how effective a filter is. However, you should take care not to upgrade the MERV too much as it can hinder the flow of air through it. It is best to consult with a professional technician before replacing your filters.
At NSA Kaiksow, we deal in a variety of air conditioners and associated products suitable for commercial and domestic use. For more information about our services and products, do visit our website at www.nsa-kaiksow.com
It is important for any home owner to have an idea about home maintenance such as keeping the appliances clean and neat. This is true for water heaters as well. The water heater has one job only- to heat the water, however, one should still make sure to keep the water heater in good working conditions.
Water heart maintenance is often overlooked for other “serious” affairs, but a faulty water heater does indeed impact your life and will make it uncomfortable once it breaks down. Here are a few maintenance tips on how to keep your water heater in good working condition-
- One of the main aspects of water heater maintenance is the removal of mineral deposits. Depending on how hard your water is, the intensity of these deposits vary greatly. These deposits are quite natural, and one just have to remove them in a timely manner to prevent leakages and inefficient heating in the long run.
- It is also important to stay safe when you are cleaning your water heaters. Be it electric or gas water heaters, make sure to follow all precautionary measures before handling them.
- If you are unsure of handling the problems, do not hesitate to call a reliable technician. This will help prevent any further problems arising with the water heater unit.
At NSA Kaiksow, we deal in a variety of high quality water heaters suitable for domestic and commercial installations. For more information about our services and products, do visit our website at http://www.nsa-kaiksow.com/